Accessibility Help & Feedback
If you find any difficulty in accessing the content on our website, you can request it be made available in an alternative format for your accessibility needs.
To request information in an alternate format, please contact us.
Make sure to include the best way to contact you for providing assistance, and please specify which online content you are trying to access, what accessibility barriers you are encountering, and what alternate format you are requesting.
All alternate format requests will be responded to promptly and alternate accessible content will be provided in a timely manner.
You may also provide anonymous accessibility feedback or a formal complaint. We aim to respond within 2 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days.
Commitment to Accessibility for All Users
AskAnAdventistFriend.com is committed to providing equal access and opportunities to all who visit our site, ensuring that those with a disability have the same opportunity to access the same information as a person without a disability, and in an equally effective manner.
We recognize the need for accessible compatibility with adaptive and/or rehabilitative devices and assistive technologies. We will do everything possible to be accessible to those with disabilities, in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations, including, but not limited to: Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.
Measures to Support Accessibility
AskAnAdventistFriend.com takes the following measure to ensure accessibility:
- An on staff web accessibility expert.
- Training and support for staff involved with web accessibility compliance.
- Include accessibility as part of website development review.
- Include accessibility as part of content quality control.
Conformance and Assessment
We use the following Minimum Web Accessibility Standards (MWAS) as a guideline for media marketing, web developers, SEO specialists, and content strategists on how to help ensure accessibility. Guidelines are based on the applicable state and federal regulations, including, but not limited to:
- Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended
We use the revised 508 Standards Refresh, which references WCAG 2.0 Level A & AA success criteria as a minimum conformance requirement. However, we also reference the updated WCAG 2.1, which addresses the most current technologies on the web.
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- WCAG 2.0
- WCAG 2.1
- Web Accessibility Initiative – Accessible Rich Internet Applications Suite (WAI-ARIA)
Our approach to assessing the accessibility of AskAnAdventistFriend.com includes the following:
- Self-evaluation: the content was evaluated by our own organization or the developer of the content.
- Manual functional accessibility testing: using Narrator, keyboard navigation, keyboard tab stops, user experience testing, code inspection, accessibility insights for web manual assessment.
- Semi to fully automated content and website code testing: using code validation scanners, deque axe chrome browser extension, accessibility insights for web chrome browser extension fast pass checker, lighthouse chrome browser extension.
- Technical specification review for compatibility with the latest versions of Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, as well as assistive technology;
- Screen readers such as Narrator on Microsoft Windows 10,
- Motor-based assistive technology, such as manual keyboard-only navigation
- Screen magnification, high contrast, etc. and other assistive software features, such as Ease of Access Center on Microsoft Windows 10
Limitations and Alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of AskAnAdventistFriend.com, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for AskAnAdventistFriend.com:
- Links on our website to 3rd-party websites: 3rd-party websites which are not accessible, because We cannot ensure the quality of 3rd-party websites. When possible we try to link to only quality 3rd-party websites. Please use the contact us webpage if you encounter an issue.
- Links too or embedded 3rd-party content on our website: 3rd-party content, such as PDFs, videos, etc. which are not accessible, because we cannot ensure the quality of 3rd-party content. When possible we try to link to or include only quality 3rd-party content. Please use the contact us webpage if you encounter an issue.
Accessibility statement last updated February 25, 2022
Date of last website review February 25, 2022